Hi! We're discussing a clarification of the content license; please look over to Current events if you're interested in editing.
 Collection of builds for the HTC HD2 aka LEO
Please link to documented releases only. According hosts are responsible for the content provided.
Bare Linux Kernel and kernel modules
Leo/UpdateKernel How to install the autobuild kernels
 Google Android
Source(s): Android solutions
Ready to use archives complete with HaRET, Linux kernel and ubuntu rootfilesystem:
 Roll your own
 Ubuntu for HD2 v0.3
more information, videos, etc on xda-developers forum
 Ubuntu for HD2 v0.2
Detailed instructions and extra information in included readme.txt !
Features and Changelog
- Updated kernel based on htc-msm-2.6.32 revision 3af9a39113d40887f42688108ff0dbdeefd8e4cc
- Improved touch screen and keypad driver allow for decent navigation with the bare device
- WiFi driver
- 3g driver
- Basic phone support: Texting works but NO AUDIO IN CALLS YET
- Vibration driver
- Many USB host drivers added (usb mass storage, audio, networking)
- Battery, panel and bluetooth drivers not installed yet due to lack of available source code. (only zImages available)
- Exact kernel source code with patches used included in archive.
- Rootfilesystem based on the Karmic Koala 0.1 release with:
- Enlarged rootfilesystem size (2,6GB)
- Many tweaks for touchscreen use: on screen keyboard, enlarged GUI components, ..
- One touch super easy operation of 3G and WiFi connections, screen rotation and other things
- New packages installed, e.g. firefox and fennec browser with kinetic scrolling, pidgin instant messaging, ..
- Easy installation of extra languages etc
- GUI for the media player (gnome-mplayer) to allow basic control of the video playback
Note for the testers of the 0.2-beta release Thanks a lot for checking the beta and providing feedback! This allowed for fixing the following in final 0.2 release: *The off-screen content (e.g. wicd passphrase) problem was resolved adding ALT key (Home button on HD2) to drag windows around *Add gnome-mplayer gui for the accerlated mplayer *3G DNS hack removed (opendns caused problems accessing many websites) *Enlarge on screen keybaord
filename: hd2-ubuntu_0.2.zip size: 773MB md5sum: 2d67bbe658cc7a9e8599e8adf7724768 mirrors:
The use of torrent is encouraged:
http://oe.netripper.com/files/hd2-ubuntu_0.2.zip.torrent (ask on IRC if it's not seeded)
Extra mirros and discussion: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=719646#3
It is important to check included readme.txt for safety notes, usage instructions and other confusion!
- 1) get storage card with at least 3GB free space
- 2) extract archive into root directory of storage card so that ubuntu folder is in \Storage Card\ubuntu
- 3) run haret.exe
 Ubuntu for HD2 v0.2 Feedback
Ideas, Feedback, Troubleshooting
The process of improvement can be eased with a lot of feedback!
Use this box to add any findings & thoughts
v0.2 feedback/bugs/wishlist => developer's comment
* Add Skype and camera driver support. =>
* Add netfilter support in kernel to allow iptables use. => will be added in v0.3 release or possible kernel upgrade for 0.2
* Enable internal audio => work in progress. see QDSP6_Alsa * Enable audio in calls => see 'sphone' below * Enable internal bluetooth with HID support (to connect bt keyboard etc) => needs testing * Enable internal GPS (works in the cotulla binary kernels) => needs special program to enable it * More RAM available to the OS (full 512MB would be great) => done * Battery driver(meter) / charger => driver is present but needs patch to work together with usb host * Add flash player (maybe 10.1) => easy. some binary flashplugin-mozilla could be grabbed from maemo etc. but we need to check legal situation about adding it in rootfs * Hardware acceleration opengl => not possible at the moment. qualcomm will need to provide a driver. * On screen keyboard: check options to it, larger, scalable, remove lag on input, make it always on top. drop down bars like firefox or gnome input fields overlap it currently => I I'll stick with 'onboard', but make it larger by default. the size is hardcoded in launcher and auostart. Also I might add 'haptic feedback' like in WinCE * Use latest UBUNTU version (maverick) to make more use of the available cortex-a8 instructions (or Lucid LTS for ARMv7) => 0.3 will be based on maverick * Shrink ubuntu.ext2 size, maybe use some compressed filesstem like squashfs => looking into it. but squashfs is RO ? would need to work around that ==> yes, but you can use unionfs with a dedicated ext3 write partition. this also allows easy "factory-reset" * move gnome-panel to bottom to reduce accidental starting of programs etc. * save display space: reduce gnome-panel and GTK title bar (~/.gtkrc-2.0) and font width * webbrowsers: firefox: reconfigure drag plugin (seems to be glitchy) * keypad: remap arrow keymapping on rotation. => easy: call xmodmap with the rotation scripts. * Phone program (sphone): enable audio in calls, run-on lines in SMS window, enable signaling on incoming call and text, => I need to contact AmiPro on XDA he wrote it (see readme.txt) * Touchscreen: reduce sensitivity, fix click function, implement multi touch => it seems to me press and hold to right click only works on some surfaces I think I will add a switch between left and right handed mode in gnome-panel and remove it * Install google chrome (tm) browser * Use ubuntu's netbook/mobile features => planning to use "netbook-launcher-efl" once switched to maverick (v0.3) * Add current network name indicator and network type, like 3G gprs etc => propose to author of sphone
* Get rid of all the unneeded kernel sources => kernel sources for other devices must be removed
* ppp script: add prompt "Connect to 3G? It will kill current wifi session."
* internal Camera Driver => internal camera will not work any time soon * easy Rotation CW CCW 0° 180°
* easy key mapper * adjustable space for file system or ap2sd since V0.2 is running out of space too fast by installing apps * there is a bug with installing gnome-rdp, install hangs at 78% and no more apps can be installed or removed => filesystem full or errornous?
* USB Bluetooth(with HID) until internal is working? => please leave a contact address for device testing purposes => make internal work as well * USB Camera and Video Grabber Driver
* USB DVBT very interesting!!! => please leave a contact address for device testing purposes * Sync with windows PC
* Screen off functions or button, to save battery and screen.
* Quicksynergy preinstalled for easy keyboard/mouse sharing.
* USB to VGA adapter support? Would be great... :)
 Ubuntu for HD2 v0.1
- Initial release
- Based on Karmic Koala
- Only for use with external keyboard and mouse (touchscreen too dodgy)
- Lack of any networking support
The rootfs can be found here : http://ftp.linux.org.uk/pub/linux/arm/fedora/rootfs/ and you can make your own build with zImage etc... there : http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/HowToQemu
Edit this party if you make a build, make a link to your build, same thing for others OS please.